NM Utility Operator Certification
Register for all Certification Exams through the New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) by completing their Exam Application Packet (below). Your materials must be received by NMED before the application deadline date, which is generally 30 days prior to the exam date. You are able to test for all levels of certification on each exam date. Be sure to bring the registration postcard that will be mailed to you by NMED, proof of training credits, and one form of photo identification to the exam.
We cannot register you for Certification Exams through our office. This must be done through NMED using the Exam Application Packet below. For more information about exams please contact the NMED Operator Certification Program Office (505-222-9575).
- 2013 Certification Exam Schedule
- Exam Application Packet (all exams) NMED Utility Operators Certification Program
- NM Water Systems Operator Certification Study Guide
Version IV, January 2011
- NM Water Sampler Certification Study Guide
Version II, August 2007
- Wastewater Systems Operator Certification Study Manual
Version 1.1, November 2007
- NM Wastewater Laboratory Certification Study Guide
Version 1, October 2007
- Basic Math Handbook (by National Rural Water Association)