Technical Assistance & Services Overview
New Mexico Rural Water Association (NMRWA) provides on-site technical assistance and training related to every aspect of water and wastewater utility operation. NMRWA is a nonprofit membership association governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of member water system personnel.
Example services include: rate structures, leak detection, operator certification, emergency technical assistance, sourcewater protection planning, system disinfection, wastewater technical assistance, Tribal system assistance, board training, assistance in the formation of a Mutual Domestic Water Consumers Association, contamination prevention, regulatory assistance, sustainable development, and more. We are able to provide these and other services through the following programs:
- ARRA Circuit Rider Technical Assistance Program
- Board Training Program
- Circuit Rider Technical Assistance Program
- Drinking Water Technical Assistance & Training Program
- Professional Engineering Services
- Mapping Services
- Source Water Protection Program
- Tribal Source Water Protection Program
- Wastewater Technical Assistance Program
- Water & Wastewater Training
NMRWA is able to offer the majority of our technical assistance and services free of charge to our members, thanks in part to our cooperation with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA), United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development (USDA RD), National Rural Water Association (NRWA), and, of course, our Members!